Consumer Limited Warranty
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY. GARMIN DOES NOT EXCLUDE, LIMIT OR SUSPEND OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE UNDER THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY. FOR A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR RIGHTS YOU SHOULD CONSULT THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY.
Non-Aviation Limited Warranty
- Garmin non-aviation products (Products) are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Within this period, Garmin® will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost.
- This Limited Warranty does not apply to:
a. cosmetic damage or normal wear and tear, such as scratches, nicks and dents;
b. consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
c. damage caused by accident, neglect, abuse, misuse, liquids, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes;
d. damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin;
e. damage to a Product caused by using the same outside of the parameters prescribed by Garmin from time to time;
f. damage to a Product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Garmin;
g. damage to a Product that has been connected to power and/or data cables that are not supplied by Garmin or damage to a product that has been connected to AC adapters and cables that are not certified by UL (Underwriters Laboratories) and are not labelled as Limited Power Source (LPS).
- In addition, Garmin reserves the right to refuse warranty claims against products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of any country.
The Product is intended to be used only as a travel aid and must not be used for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or topography. Garmin makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of map data.
- This Limited Warranty also does not apply to, and Garmin is not responsible for, any degradation in the performance of any Garmin navigation product resulting from its use in proximity to any handset or other device that utilizes a terrestrial broadband network operating on frequencies that are close to the frequencies used by any Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) such as the Global Positioning Service (GPS). Use of such devices may impair reception of GNSS signals.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES CONTAINED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF, AND GARMIN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, STATUTORY REMEDY OR OTHERWISE. GARMIN ALSO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCT WILL BE DEFECT-FREE, SECURE OR SAFE FROM VIRUSES, SPYWARE OR SIMILAR MALWARE, ESPECIALLY IF NON-GARMIN APPROVED MAPS AND/OR SOFTWARE IS DOWNLOADED INTO, OR USED WITH, THE PRODUCT. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY. IF IMPLIED WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY, THEN SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL GARMIN BE LIABLE IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY) OR OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION AT LAW, IN EQUITY, BY STATUE OR OTHERWISE, FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES, USE, BUSINESS, GOODWILL, CONTRACTS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER RESULTING FROM THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT OR FROM DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Neither Garmin's nor your liability for death or personal injury resulting from its/your own negligence shall be limited.
- If during the warranty period you submit a claim for warranty service in accordance with this Limited Warranty, then Garmin will, at its option: (i) repair the Product using new parts or previously used parts that satisfy Garmin’s quality standards, (ii) replace the Product with a new Product or a refurbished Product that meets Garmin’s quality standards, or (iii) exchange the Product for a full refund of your purchase price. SUCH REMEDY SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. Repaired or replaced Product has a 90 day warranty. If the Product sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original 1 year warranty, whichever is longer.
- This Limited Warranty is effective in the original country of purchase. If you seek warranty service outside of the original country of purchase, Garmin cannot guarantee that the parts and products needed to repair or replace your product will be available due to differences in product offerings and applicable standards, laws and regulations. In that case, Garmin may, in its sole discretion and subject to applicable laws, repair or replace your product with comparable Garmin products and parts, or require you to ship your product to a Garmin Authorized facility in the country of original purchase or to a Garmin Authorized facility in another country that can service your product, in which case you will be responsible for complying with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and for paying all custom duties, V.A.T. or any taxes on goods or services, shipping fees and other associated taxes and charges. In some cases, Garmin and its dealers may be unable to service your product in a country outside of the original country of purchase or return a repaired or replaced Product to you in that country due to applicable standards, laws or regulations in that country.
- Before seeking warranty service, please access and review the online help resources available on support.garmin.com/en-PH/. If your Product is still not functioning properly after making use of these resources, contact a Garmin Authorized service facility in the original country of purchase or follow the instructions on support.garmin.com/en-PH/ to obtain warranty service. Also, you shall back up all data (including multimedia files, device settings, history, favorite locations or co-ordinates), applications and any materials on the Products as well as backup and remove all of your personal information. During warranty service, the contents of storage media may be deleted or re-formatted and Garmin is not responsible for data backup and the completeness of data.
- Online Auction Purchases: Products purchased through online auctions are not eligible for rebates or other special offers from Garmin warranty coverage. Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification. To obtain warranty service, an original or copy of the sales receipt from the original retailer is required. Garmin will not replace missing components from any package purchased through an online auction.
- International Purchases: A separate warranty may be provided by international distributors for devices purchased outside Singapore depending on the country. If applicable, this warranty is provided by the local in-country distributor and this distributor provides local service for your device. Distributor warranties are only valid in the area of intended distribution. Devices purchased in the United States or Canada must be returned to the Garmin service center in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, or Taiwan for service.
Marine Warranty Policy
Certain Garmin Marine products in certain areas have a longer warranty period and additional terms and conditions. Go to APAC Marine Warranty Policy for more details and to see if your product is covered under APAC Marine Warranty Policy.