- January 2023
- Reach the Peak: How to Train for Your First Mountain Climb
- Your Run, Your Speed: How to Create Your Very Own Running Master Plan
- Sailing the Never Seas: The Life-Changing Health Benefits of Yachting
- Say Ohm to Brighter Days: How Yoga Can Inspire Your Life
- Catch Your Breath: How Checking and Tracking Your Heart Rate Helps
- Start the New Year Right: Tips for Staying Consistent with Your Goals
- Ride for Greatness: How to Ramp Up Your Cycling Game
- The Supreme Guide to Easing Back into Your Exercise Routine after the Holiday Break
- December 2022
Full-Body Summer Workout Plan to Try at Home
Not yet ready to flaunt that summer body? Try this full-body workout to tone, burn, and feel strong and confident inside out with Garmin.
With a Garmin smartwatch, you can finally have those health and fitness goals achieved. You can map out your indoor fitness journey whenever you want and in whatever way you please. There's no pressure, no distractions, just pure focus, and motivation to get effective results and level up your fitness journey.
Now let’s dive into the actual workout plan and discuss how Garmin can help.
Terms to understand
- Duration: the length of time you have to do a certain exercise
Example: 30 seconds of high jumps
- Repetition (or rep): the number of times you have to do (repeat) the same exercise within a set
Example: 15 reps of squats
- Set: the number of repetitions of a particular exercise you have to do in a row or sequentially
Example: 15 reps of squats count for one set of squats
- Rest: the amount of time you spend resting in between sets
Example: 20 seconds rest between each set of 15 squats
Full-Body Workout Plan to Try for Yourself
Here is a workout plan you should try at home. This plan consists of exercises for cardio, strength, and yoga. These workouts help burn unwanted fats, build and strengthen muscles, and tone your body. They have positive effects on your overall health and help in the removal of toxins.
Let us discuss the benefits of each workout below and how to do them.
- Benefits: Remains one of the best ways to burn fat and lose calories. Cardio exercises also keep your heart and lungs strong, reducing the risk of having heart attacks and strokes as well as diseases brought about by high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Workout: High knees (30 seconds), inchworm (30 seconds), mountain climbers (30 seconds), jumping jacks (30 seconds), and burpees (30 seconds). Do three cycles of these exercises. Estimated time: 10 minutes.
- High knees: Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Chest out. Bring your knees up to waist level alternately.
- Inchworm: Stand straight. Bend over and move your hands forward until your palms touch the floor. Stretch your hands out for as far as you can while keeping your legs straight. Move back to original position and repeat until the set is complete.
- Mountain climbers: Assume a plank position, look forward, and bring one knee up toward the center of your stomach. Move knee back and do the same with the other. Alternate between legs for the entire duration.
- Benefits: The good thing about being in control of your workouts is that you get to choose which group of muscles you want to work on first or mix things up. Most people focus on their core and legs because they are your body’s main support. Strength training helps build lean muscles, makes joints stronger and more flexible, and enables your body to keep up with the demands of any activity.
- Workout: 30 body weight squats, 30 deadlifts, 12 lunges on each leg, 20 pushups, 1-minute plank. Estimated time: 10 minutes.
- Body weight squats: Keep your core engaged and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Face forward. Chest out. Bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Pause before returning to original position. Repeat 30 times.
- Deadlift: Feet apart, shoulder width. Stand straight and hold your choice of weight. It’s good to start with a 5 kg dumbbell or kettlebell or be creative and try some heavy books. Straighten your gaze and slightly bend your lower body, while your chest is out. Make sure to slightly bend your arms while holding your weights.
- Pushups: Start with a plank position, set your gaze forward, and slowly push your body up and back down.
- Plank: Assume a position as if you were doing pushups. Keep elbows under your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart. Keep your body straight and rest your weight on your forearms and toes. Hold this position for one minute.
- Benefits: Stretching improves your joints’ flexibility and increases blood flow to the muscle. It also helps you perform better and maintain a good posture.
- Workout: Downward dog (1 min), child’s pose (1 min), cat-cow pose (1 min). Repeat cycle thrice. Estimated time: 10 min.
- Downward dog: Assume a tabletop position with your hands and toes on the mat. Bring your right knee close to your right elbow and crunch. Bring your right leg up and to the back. Do it repeatedly for one minute. Switch to the other side and do the same for another minute.
- Child’s pose: Remain in tabletop position, your hands and toes on the mat. Lean forward, chest out, and stretch your arms as far as you can over your head. Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute and slowly return to your starting position.
- Cat-cow pose: Do the tabletop position, your hands and toes on the mat. Slowly bend and stretch your lower back, moving into a cat form. Breathe in while holding the form, then slowly arch your back to assume a cow pose. Roll your shoulders forward, and your back stretched outwards. Breathe out while holding the form, then return to your starting position.
Working Out with the Venu 2 Plus
No other smartwatch makes a better training partner than Garmin’s Venu 2 Plus. It is preloaded with advanced strength and HIIT workout training, which you can access via the Garmin Connect App. You can also enjoy on-screen animated workouts and health snapshots to give you instant updates regarding your heart rate, blood oxygen, respiration, and stress level. It also analyzes your sleep pattern and comes up with a sleep score and other data to help you work toward a better-night’s sleep.
From planning to execution, the Venu 2 Plus is here to stay as you try to achieve your fitness goals. So get yourself the best training partner and start your journey to wellness this summer!